Sonntag, 7. Juni 2009

First time in Finland + NOC Relay

Finland here we come. Yesterday the austrian military team arrived in Helsinki. Afterwards we drove to Salo, where NOC is going to be held. There we met the other team members from the Austrian NOC team. It will be "dark" around 24 ó clock, so you don't really have a problem training at 7 p.m. It is my first time here in Finland and I absolutely wanted to do one training before the important competitions. I enjoyed the forest very much, especially running on the rock faces. Good visibility and just a few green areas made it even more fun. The "hills" are in general small, but they can be tricky, too. Most important for me was to get familiar with the terrain and try to interprete everything right (map-nature, nature-map). It worked out quite well and so I was looking forward to todays relay.

I ran 1st leg for Austria 2, followed by Wolfi on 2nd leg and Tobi 3rd position. The start wasn't as fast as I thought, but due to a "big" mistake (~ 40 seconds) next to control 2 I lost my pulk. I could quickly continue running my rhythm and therefore I only made a few small mistakes linked to control area (nr. 3, 10) or route choices (nr. 9, 11) with 10 - 30 seconds each. Generally, I'm satisfied with my race although there is no way to compare my time with the others. Wolfi did a semi-good job by losing much time with unnecessary mistakes in the beginning. Towards the end he could improve his technical work and had a good flow. Tobi had a stable run with really few small mistakes finishing one second ahead of me :P (37:02 min.).

Tomorrow we use the "rest day" for the middle and - who wants to - sprint distance model event. On Tuesday and Wednesday the NOC competitions continue with Middle and Sprint distance, also World Cup 1 and 2.

relay map M21E


Results





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen