Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009

Austrian Military Championships

Today Warti and me ran the Military Champs in Orienteering.
Usually there are just categories using a mapscale of 1:25000 and not very detailed and old maps. But today organisers prepared a very special course for us. It was very similar to the course on the 1:25000 map but with some extra controls. The special thing for us was that the course crossed 3 different o-maps. The first one was 1:10000, then 1:7500 and finally 1:5000. So we had 3 map changes, but all maps were already handed out at the start.
We, all 5 of us from the military sports group started in between the other starters in an intervall of 3 minutes.
I had a little advantage over the others cause I had ran on all of the maps before.
So to the 9th control I caught Warti who started 3 minutes before me and then I managed to get a little gap to him and finished in 40:18.
Finally this was worth the second place just 49 secs behind Gernot "Kerschi" Kerschbaumer who won. Warti finished 4th with a time of 43:55.
It was a nice race with not really difficult controls but some routes and next year we will run again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen