Montag, 24. Oktober 2011

Season Summary (part 2)

So then the 2 part of the year started with a training camp in France for WOC in the first week of July. Our army team trained there quite a lot to get a first impression of those very demanding terrains. I concluded the camp with the impression that I am not enough prepared and hoped to make one step further at the last training camp with the WOC team.
Then one of my main goals for the season was held in Brazil. The Military World Games in Rio de Janeiro. It was a wonderful time in Brazil and we had some very good results. Of course Kerschis 2 medals were the best of all, but we even missed a team medal just by some small seconds. This was very unexpected. More details about that in Wartis last post from August...
After coming back to Austria we had some easy days before leaving for the last training camp in France. There the WOC Team trained specific for each discipline. Earlier it had been decided that I should run Long Distance. First I was not so happy with it but after some trainings I felt ready for the hard Long Qualifier. My clear goal was to qualify and if I succeeded in that I would set my new target.
Unfortunately my run at WOC was destroyed by a control which I had already seen and then looked for some 4 minutes for it (I didn't realize it was my control...). It was a great shit to miss the final then just very close.
So I thougth about what to do at the WOC Week. The plan to run some public event races was destroyed by the organizers, who didn't let WOC competitors start for free except at the personal final days. A very unfriendly decicision!
Finally I unexpectedly got the chance to run the first leg at the Relay.
I refocused and tried to do my best for my strong teammates Kerschi and Robert.
Even though I missed some running power that day I had a good race except the 8th control, where I lost quite a lot.
After a good race of Kerschi and a not so good one of Robert we finished 14th which was ok, but below higher expectations.
After WOC were just few days to recover.
In the end of August it was again training camp time. We drove to Switzerland and trained in Flims and araound Beinwil/See. This was a good training camp for me and I had some really nice trainings.
Just in the end I missed some energy and felt a strange pain in my throat.
I tried to recover with very low training after the camp to be ready for Austrian Longdistance Champs 2 weeks later. But somehow I didn't succeed in that. My status became worse and worse and I felt tired all the time.
I focused my last energy and ran the Austrian Long Champs, but had absolutely no chance for any medal due to some mistakes and also my poor running power.
Already the next day I was diagnosed with bronchitis but without any fever. This forced me to stop training for one week.
Then I started again but after the Austrian Ranking competitions in Freistadt in the beginning of October I had to stop again because this time a sinusitis caught me.
At the Ultralongdistance race there I nearly collapsed and had to give up my race.
So the next week was again without training.
Finally I could train 4 days before the Austrian Night Champs and regain some power.
It turned out to be not enough power and again I nearly collapsed at the very long night race and after also doing some really big mistakes (altogether about 17 minutes!) I became only 8th.
Next day was the last Austriacup race and I had quite a good race with just small mistakes.
This gave me finally the feeling that I am still able to perform well after a lot of up and more down this season.
To sum it up my season was far from what I had planned. I missed nearly all my goals, especially at the Austrian Champs and often missed the joy of training and competing.
Now the season is over and Warti and me decided to participate in a more fun race called Wildsau Dirt Run.......

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen