Dienstag, 5. Mai 2009

Nice weekend in the mountainous Lungau

Last weekend I joined my austrian club, ASKÖ Henndorf Orienteering, for a nice and tough training camp in the south-eastern district of Salzburg, called Lungau. Around 55 people from my club + 5 runners from another club in Salzburg + 10 carinthians took part in the training camp. We stayed at a beautiful small hotel in Maria Pfarr, right on an orienteering map. Additionally, I didn't just do the trainings, but organised a training and helped to set out and collect the controls. I did 6 trainings in 2,5 days, including a competition on Sunday morning. Gassi and Schani were missing due to diseases and Woif is in Norway, but anyway, it was great fun with Tobi, Mani W., Markus, Robi and Richi :D

Friday
morning: arrival, moving into our rooms, 1st training -> normal O-course with much butterflies and sometimes a piece of the map were cut out, so it became a bit more difficult to orienteer.
afternoon: "Tree-root"-O-course, on all tree roots there were small paper cards with numbers from 30 to 1. The one who's first takes the 30, the second runner 25, ...
evening: easy running with lamp in the village with a sprint-map



Saturday
morning: WISBI-OL = "How fast am I?"-courses, that was my training ;) I prepared four different courses varying the difficulty and length, with SI.
afternoon: Markus organised a training with reduced maps: black and brown for beginners and just brown for advanced ones. I ran the "long" course (3,2 km :P)



Sunday
5th Salzburg-Cup at "Fernwald". M19-, 6,5 km, 280 Hm, so it would become a longer middle distance. I planned to run around 45 min. Therefore I decided to "jog" the first 10 min. and speed up to have a hard 35'-middle-competition. The first 5 controls were no big deal and although I was running not full speed I had several best times. When I had a look at the watch and speeded up, I caught up Robi, who started 4 min. ahead of me. Maybe thus I (better we) made a huge mistake at the 6th control (I'm not quite sure if the map is 100% o.k. there, because when I put in some of the controls I missed that one again, this time coming from another direction with another attack point). The other part of the race was all in all fine, with small mistakes at the 14th and 16th (-> see map). At this race I started last and caught up all runners who started before me :P



results and split-times here

I enjoyed this 3 days really much and had a lot of fun :)
I'm looking forward to 2 nice O-trainings with the military-team!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen