Dienstag, 29. März 2011

CESOM 2011 - I like!

Central European Spring Orienteering Meeting, this nice 2-days event was held on the last weekend in Borsky Mikulas, Slovakia, not far away from the Austrian border. On Saturday morning was a middle distance and in the afternoon a sprint. To complete the schedule a long distance had to be run on Sunday. Owing to the amazingly fast forrest the winning times where very fast. And in 95% the fastest routechoice was to run straight - avoiding running more than necessary. Schani, Chris and I decided to go there and start in M21E. Due to three very good and fast competitions I managed to win every race and therefore also the overall ranking. I was really happy about my victory and of course with my technical and mainly physical performance at the races. The first price was a special Slovakian gold coin with limited edition :)

Maps


Middle Distance:
Very good race with a 4:04 min./km pace! I started very fast and tried to keep the speed as long as possible. The runner starting 2 min. before me missed the 1st control, so I cought him already there. We then ran almost everything together changing the lead sometimes, but at the end he couldn't follow my speed. -53 sec. to second spot.

Sprint Distance: First part was in the forest and then in the village. I lost some seconds to the 2nd control due to a worse routechoice, because I had to cross the marsh just before the forest. Then a big mistake (10-12 sec.) to 5th control. From then it was only running - as fast as you can! Pace: 3:33 min./km. Only 7 sec. in front of Heli, which he lost at the last control :D

Long Distance:
Starting very fast with only some meters too many at control 2 and 10 and the "biggest" mistake from 6th to 7th where I wanted to run directly to the roadcrossing, but ended up to much to the right. And the end I felt quite tired and my hamstrings where just before cramping, but luckily I avoided getting a real cramp. Pace was 4:15 min./km which I am very satisfied with and that shows that my endurance should be good enough also for long courses.

Results

A weekend full of fun, nice courses and good atmosphere! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen