Mittwoch, 11. März 2009

On top of the world

Ok, well, I'm going to start with our posting around orienteering, training and just having fun ;)

My first post has nothing to do with orienteering in special, but with great alternative endurance training: Last Sunday I was ski mountaineering with my mum, dad and grandpa. We went on top of the Zwölferhorn, which is on 1.522 m a.s.l. and situated in St. Gilgen, a bit south-east of the city of Salzburg. It was the most beautiful skiing trip I ever had, with a more than sunny weather and around 12 degree centigrade :D I went around 1:40 h uphill (~ 1.050 hm) and some 20 min. down in nice powder snow. While my parents and my grandpa took it easy I captured the peak 2 times (went the whole way up, skied down to the half and went up once more). On top of the mountain I was rewarded with an overwhelming view over the mountains!


last meters to the top and south part of the Wolfgangsee


north part of the Wolfgangsee and Mondsee in the back


typical mountain range of the Pre-Alps


beautiful powder snow as far as the eye can see


the tired summiteers ^^

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen